It feels a little unreal that 2014 has come to an end, it went by so quickly!
What a busy year filled with many ups and downs, but in the end I feel that I have accomplished so much.
Here is a little review of 2014:
- I completed a 21-Day Cleanse in May – felt amazing.
- My Jewelry Business (Simply Divine Details) grew so much this year! I am so excited for how far I have come as an Artist and Business Owner.
- Simply Divine Details had a booth at the New York State Fair in August (12 whole days)!
- I had the honor of writing a post about my art for the Main Street Arts Blog in November – so much fun!
- Eating Healthy does not have to be complicated and I feel so much better when I stick to it.
- Quality trumps “affordable and quickly accessible” – Through being a business owner, I am really developing a taste for handmade/well-made in every part of my life, not just the business side of things. I want to be surrounded by uniqueness that will last rather than the same old manufactured items that are guaranteed to break down and disappoint.
- Simplicity is beautiful – The more crazy and hectic my life gets, the more simple I want to live. I am so in love with the “more is less” idea now.
- I think the biggest self discovery for me this year is this: I can’t always be the best at everything, and I can’t take on every task all at the same time. Balance is so important as well as pacing myself. If I fail at something now, it does not mean I will never be able to do it – try again and learn from previous mistakes. I can do anything I put my mind to. Keep practicing Balance and Patience and most importantly, never stop working toward my goals and dreams.
A few things to work towards for 2015:
- New Jewelry styles for Simply Divine Details + branding
- Do more art that is just for me – no business attachments
- Do another Cleanse
- My Husband and I will be doing a lot of planning for the future, including where we will be moving in 2016 (!!!!!!!)
This year I met so many wonderful Artists and bought quite a few awesome handmade goodies as well as some good reads! Here’s a few of them:
- A beautiful hand painted tote + zipper pouch by Anna Joyce
- An assortment of amazing handmade mugs and a lovely handmade garlic keeper – a collection I picked up at a few of the art shows I went to over the summer.
- Sunday Suppers Recipes + Gatherings by Karen Mordechai | The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon
- Favorite Magazines this year: American Art Collector Vol.108 | Haven Magazine Vol. 1 | Kinfolk Vol.12 | Trouvé Vol. 1 & 2
- Emily Jefferds Art Prints | Rose Gold Ring by Elizabeth Perry Collections | Stacking Rings by Sara Stewart | Ring Dish by The Object Enthusiast | Hanging Glass Terrarium by Copper + Torch
I am so looking forward to 2015 and all that it may bring!
Hope you all had a wonderful year and Happy New Year!