It feels a little unreal that 2014 has come to an end, it went by so quickly!
What a busy year filled with many ups and downs, but in the end I feel that I have accomplished so much.
Here is a little review of 2014:
- I completed a 21-Day Cleanse in May – felt amazing.
- My Jewelry Business (Simply Divine Details) grew so much this year! I am so excited for how far I have come as an Artist and Business Owner.
- Simply Divine Details had a booth at the New York State Fair in August (12 whole days)!
- I had the honor of writing a post about my art for the Main Street Arts Blog in November – so much fun!
- Eating Healthy does not have to be complicated and I feel so much better when I stick to it.
- Quality trumps “affordable and quickly accessible” – Through being a business owner, I am really developing a taste for handmade/well-made in every part of my life, not just the business side of things. I want to be surrounded by uniqueness that will last rather than the same old manufactured items that are guaranteed to break down and disappoint.
- Simplicity is beautiful – The more crazy and hectic my life gets, the more simple I want to live. I am so in love with the “more is less” idea now.
- I think the biggest self discovery for me this year is this: I can’t always be the best at everything, and I can’t take on every task all at the same time. Balance is so important as well as pacing myself. If I fail at something now, it does not mean I will never be able to do it – try again and learn from previous mistakes. I can do anything I put my mind to. Keep practicing Balance and Patience and most importantly, never stop working toward my goals and dreams.
A few things to work towards for 2015:
- New Jewelry styles for Simply Divine Details + branding
- Do more art that is just for me – no business attachments
- Do another Cleanse
- My Husband and I will be doing a lot of planning for the future, including where we will be moving in 2016 (!!!!!!!)
This year I met so many wonderful Artists and bought quite a few awesome handmade goodies as well as some good reads! Here’s a few of them:
- A beautiful hand painted tote + zipper pouch by Anna Joyce
- An assortment of amazing handmade mugs and a lovely handmade garlic keeper – a collection I picked up at a few of the art shows I went to over the summer.
- Sunday Suppers Recipes + Gatherings by Karen Mordechai | The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon
- Favorite Magazines this year: American Art Collector Vol.108 | Haven Magazine Vol. 1 | Kinfolk Vol.12 | Trouvé Vol. 1 & 2
- Emily Jefferds Art Prints | Rose Gold Ring by Elizabeth Perry Collections | Stacking Rings by Sara Stewart | Ring Dish by The Object Enthusiast | Hanging Glass Terrarium by Copper + Torch
I am so looking forward to 2015 and all that it may bring!
Hope you all had a wonderful year and Happy New Year!
My Goodness, it’s been awhile since I last made a post here on the blog!
This year has been so crazy! I was booked with so many events and festivals for Simply Divine Details. So far it has been a successful year for my little business.
I have one more craft festival to go, the 41st Holiday Festival at Cayuga Community College in Auburn NY, December 6th (10am to 5pm) and 7th (11am to 4pm).
Exciting News: Simply Divine Details Jewelry is now being sold at two new Locations:
Clifton Springs, NY
Also, it is time to think about Christmas gifts! I am having a Sale this weekend for Black Friday, Shop Small Saturday and Cyber Monday! Use Coupon Code SHOPSMALL at checkout for 30% off your purchase of Simply Divine Details Jewelry! This code can be used in both the website shop and the Etsy shop.
There are a lot of new jewelry listings in both shops, check ’em out!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will hopefully be back here again soon, I promise I won’t disappear for months again (well, maybe when summer comes around again).
Have fun shopping this weekend!
I’m having a little giveaway!
A little something to celebrate the 4th of July and my grandmother’s birthday (she would have been 96 this year).
This is a layered necklace set, one necklace has a simple ruby red glass bead and the other has a painting of a red larkspur flower (July birth flower).
I will be picking the winner on Monday and messaging the winner that night.
Here’s how it works:
>>>1. Repost my posts on Facebook and Instagram
>>>2. Use #simplydivinedetails and #sddgiveaway
>>>3. Tag me @aliciamcgloon on Instagram or Alicia Borst McGloon on Facebook and all your friends you think would be interested.
Also tell your friends to follow me for a better chance of winning!
>>> The more ways you share, like and repost, the better your chances! Good luck!
I have finally gotten acceptance letters from all the shows that I will be in this summer with my Simply Divine Details Jewelry booth.
Here’s my list – you should try to make it to some of these great events! *wink wink*
- 14th and 15th – The Allentown Arts Festival in Buffalo, NY – I am so excited to be a part of this festival! It will also be the furthest I have to travel I think. http://www.allentownartfestival.com
- 12th and 13th – The Finger Lakes Wine Festival at Watkins Glenn International, Watkins Glenn, NY – I did this show last year and had so much fun, looking forward to it again this year ! http://www.flwinefest.com
- 25th-27th – The Oswego Harbor Fest, Oswego, NY – Another one I did last year, this is one of my favorites because we set up right on the water, it’s so beautiful! http://www.oswegoharborfest.com
- 2nd and 3rd – Park Ave. Summer Art Festival, Rochester, NY – this is a new show for me, so I am eager to see how this one will go! http://www.park-avenue.org/park-ave-summer-art-fest.html
- 16th and 17th – Sonnenberg Arts at the Gardens Fine Art Show & Sale, Canandaigua, NY – another new show, this one had very high standards for acceptance of applications, I am so honored to for the chance to have my art in this year’s show! http://www.artsatthegardens.org
- 21st – September 1st – THE NEW YORK STATE FAIR!!!!!! In Syracuse, NY – That’s right, I was accepted into the NYSF! I can hardly believe it! Now, as long as I can come up with enough money to buy the booth space, you all can visit me during the 2 weeks of the fair (yes, 2 whole, long weeks… I am gonna be exhausted afterward). http://www.nysfair.org
So that is the line up as of right now, applications for fall and winter shows will start coming out soon, and as soon as I know what shows I will be attending, I will be a posting!
Hope to see some of you at these fun festivals!
Hey everyone! My next festival with the Simply Divine Details Jewelry is this weekend at the Ithaca Arts Fest!
The Days I will be there are Friday (12-8pm), Saturday (11:30am-8pm) and Sunday (11:30-7pm).
I’m am super excited about this show, it should be lots of fun! The Ithaca Arts Festival is a well established, and well attended event, it has taken place every year for 37 years! You can get more info about the festival here.
If you get a chance, and are in the area, pay us a visit at the festival! I have a little bit of a new set up for the booth ( not much, some new tablecloths, stuff like that) and some fresh new jewelry as well!
Last Weekend my Hubby and I went down to PA to visit my life-long Best Friend and her Husband.
We had a wonderful time, it was so nice to get away for the weekend and to spend time with some of my favorite people!
On our way home, we saw an absolutely gorgeous sunset. The sky was filled with purples, pinks, orange and yellow. It was crazy beautiful and became my inspiration for a couple of new earrings.
These lovelies are listed in the shop now if you would like to check them out!
Fun Fact: One year ago today I had my very first show with Simply Divine Details Jewelry! Wow, time flies!
I have a few new things from Simply Divine Details to share with you!
First and for most, Mother’s Day is a week away! So of course, I have a special promo code you can use to get 20% off your purchase for Mom!
Use code DEARMOM at checkout, but don’t wait too long, place your order by 8pm (EST) Tuesday night (5/6) to make sure your order gets to you in time for Mother’s Day.
I also have added some new jewelry to the shop, one of which is this necklace and earring set that is being featured on the site!
I do hope you will check out the new jewelry, and maybe find something special for Mom!
You can also use the code on my Etsy Shop!